We, Hir Primak Enterprise, are engaged in importing, exporting and supplying with excellent quality of Paraformaldehyde (PFA) which is the smallest polyoxymethylene, the polymerization product of formaldehyde with a typical degree of polymerization of 8–100 units. Paraformaldehyde is the solid form of liquid formaldehyde, formed by the polymerization of formaldehyde with a typical degree of polymerization of 8-100 units. Since paraformaldehyde is basically a condensed form of formaldehyde, it possesses the same characteristics but with a wider range of applications.
Specification: CAS No. 30525-89-4
||Free flowing white granules/powder
|Formaldehyde Content %
||96 ( +/- 1)
|Methanol Content %
|Free moisture content %
|Acidity ( as Formic Acid) percent
||120 - 170
|Bulk Density (kg/m3)
||750 - 850
For MSDS please write to us
- • The most important use of paraformaldehyde is in the production of many thermosetting resins, together with phenol, urea, melamine, resorcinol and other similar reagents.
- • For production of lon Exchange Resins (chloromethylation reaction).
- • Disinfection of the air in rooms.
- • Many other chemicals/resins are manufactured from paraformaldehyde include dichloroethyl formal, methyl phenol, disinfectants, insecticides, pharmaceuticals such as vitamin A, embalming preparations, dyestuff and special plasticizers.
- • Hardening of Glues.
- • Manufacture of fluorescent pigments and soluble condensation product for textile auxiliaries, alcoholic solutions commonly known as ‘FORMOCEL’.
- • In photography, paraformaldehyde is a gelatine hardener and accelerates development.
- • It is a component of certain antiperspirant powders.