Methyl Isobutyl Ketone
Keeping track with latest market development we, Hir Primak Enterprise, are actively engaged in importing, exporting and supplying Methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK) which is the organic compound with the formula (CH3)2CHCH2C(O)CH3. This colourless liquid is used as a solvent for gums, resins, paints, varnishes, lacquers, and nitrocellulose. More than 60% of methyl isobutyl ketone is produced by aldol condensation of acetone and its derivative intermediates, diacetone alcohol and mesityl oxide.
Specification: CAS No. 78-93-3
||clear colourless volatile liquid
||99.5% (by wt.) Min.
||0.1% (by wt.) Max.
||0.805 - 0.807
For MSDS please write to us
- As a solvent for nitro cellulose lacquers, certain polymers and resins.
- High-solids coatings, automotive and textile coatings.
- Acrylic and vinyl-acrylic resins for adhesives.
- Extraction solvent for antibiotics, precious metals and other pharmaceuticals
- Solvent for high solids coatings
- Solvent for traffic paints
- Solvent for automotive coatings
- Solvent for industrial maintenance coatings and marine coatings
- Solvent for textile coatings
- Solvent for leather finishes