LLDPE(Linear Low Density Polyethylene)
We, Hir Primak Enterprise, are engaged in importing, exporting and supplying with excellent quality of LLDPE (Linear Low Density Polyethylene) which has a density range of 0.915 to 0.925 g/cm3. LLDPE replaces its predecessor Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) in many applications. LLDPE is a linear polymer with a number of short branches, made by copolymerization of ethylene with short-chain alpha-olefins. (for example, 1-butene, 1-hexene and 1-octene).
LLDPE has higher tensile strength, better tear, impact and puncture resistance than LDPE. Lower thickness (gauge) films can be blown, compared with LDPE, with better environmental stress cracking resistance but is not as easy to process.
Specification: CAS No. 9002-88-4
For MSDS please write to us
- Blends of branched (LDPE) and linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) blends are normally used in plastic film manufacturing.
- Around 80% of LLDPE goes into film applications such as food and non-food packaging, shrink/stretch film and non-packaging uses.
- The trend in food packaging films is towards high performance film structures that are less permeable to increase shelf life and enhance flavours.
- LLDPE is being used in extrusion coating applications where it helps protect the contents of liquid containers, primarily for paper and paperboard packaging.
- Non-food packaging applications are requiring stronger films such as consumer, industrial and agricultural uses.