We, Hir Primak Enterprise, are importers, exporters and suppliers Diethylene glycol (DEG) is an organic compound with the formula (HOCH2CH2)2O. It is a colorless, practically odorless, poisonous, and hygroscopic liquid with a sweetish taste. It is miscible in water, alcohol, ether, acetone, and ethylene glycol. DEG is a widely used solvent.
Specification: CAS No. 111-46-6
||99 % (by wt.) Min.
||1 ppm max
||0.2% (by wt.) Max.
|| - 9 C
|Acidity(as acitic acid) wt %
For MSDS please write to us
- Diethylene glycol is used in the manufacture of unsaturated polyester resins, polyurethanes, and plasticizers.
- DEG is used as a building block in organic synthesis.
- It is a solvent for nitrocellulose, resins, dyes, oils, and other organic compounds.
- It is a humectant for tobacco, cork, printing ink, and glue.
- It is also a component in brake fluid, lubricants, wallpaper strippers, artificial fog and haze solutions, and heating/cooking fuel.