Butanone(Methyl Ethyl Ketone)
We, Hir Primak Enterprise, are actively engaged in importing, exporting and supplying Butanone which is also known as methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), is an organic compound with the formula CH3C(O)CH2CH3. This colorless liquid ketone has a sharp, sweet odor. It is soluble in water and is commonly used as an industrial solvent. It is low boiling, fast evaporating solvent.
Specification: CAS No. 78-93-3
||Clear Colourless liquid
||99.5% W/W Minimum
||Stable under ordinary condition
For MSDS please write to us
- 2-Butanone is used as a solvent for nitrocellulose, acrylic and vinyl surface coating.
- It is also used for extractions in the pharmaceutical industry.
- It acts as oxidant for the iridium-catalyzed oxidations of primary alcohols.
- It is component of solvent system used for producing magnetic tape.
- It is also used as solvent for polymerisation process.